Jul 2, 2014

Unusual Plants


I just got back from a vacation in South Carolina with my children. Inspired by the flora there, I'm starting to paint again. I'm most interested in unusual plant life and this one in particular Sarracenia flava or the Pitcher Plant, really fascinates me. It's carnivorous. Carnivorous plants, trap and use animals (mostly insects) for nutrients. The ultimate of survivors, they have evolved this way because they live in places where the soil lacks the nutrients they need to survive. This adaptation is both thrilling and fascinating to me and for this obvious reason, inspires me to create.

I'll try and update you as I move along in this series of paintings. Definitely a shift in direction from my regular work (mainly centered around crafts) but I'm betting if you follow along here, it's because you appreciate all sorts of creative adventures!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Jill Parrella Vaughn said...

YAY!!!!! So glad you are painting - Doesn't it feel so soul satisfying?? I know since I have been painting again it's filled a huge void. Bravo my friend!

And by the way - I LOVE it - it's beautiful.

Jen C said...

LOVE!! So excited for you. I love seeing you stretch outside of your comfort zone. Beautiful things happen in that space.

xo

Caroline said...

Jen, Jill, I love you ladies. Thank you. xoxoxo

joya said...

I love this Caroline! You are so talented. Xo

Susan Anderson said...

How cool is that? I love that you are branching out...

=)