Sep 24, 2012

diy: 5 minute gem plate



As most of my readers know, I am a busy mom. Because of this, I love coming up with projects that anyone can do in a short period of time. My philosophy is this: if a project gets too complicated, it stops becoming worth the time in a busy schedule to make it. So, part of my goal here has always been to provide you with very doable projects.

I made this sketchy-looking Gem Plate in 5 minutes with a glass pen. You'll have to follow the instructions on your glass pen for drying time and firing (which means you literally bake the plate in the oven) before use.


You will need:


Then, do this:

Draw dots along the rim of the plate. Follow my steps in the step-out pictorial below to draw your diamond.

There you have it friends! A cute little plate in no time!


THE END
Pin It!

7 comments:

mr. pineapple man said...

This is fabulous!

li said...

where do you find this glass pen? great idea and sooo cute!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Cute and easy. I love it!

Caroline said...

Thanks Mr. Pineapple!

Li--you can find a glass/ceramic painting pen at any craft store. They come in all colors and are good for ceramics too.

SMT--Thanks, lady! :)

lesliesholly said...

I love how accessible you make crafting to those of us who are challenged in that area :-)

Jill V / TerraSavvy said...

Love this! xoxo

Jenni Birchwood said...

Hi Caroline, This idea is fantastic. By the way, I really like the tone of your blog - so informative, friendly and clever! I'm inspired to create a plate this weekend. Thanks for sharing.