May 25, 2012
behind the scenes of a blogger
As most of you know, the busiest part of my life right now is keeping up with the kids. It's a joy and blessing but as any parent will tell you, it is also a challenge. This blog, which is developing into something more than a hobby with lots of great freelancing opportunities opening up to me, needs some attention.
On my to do list for Salsa Pie:
1. A fresh new look and focus on my "branding" (which basically means to make it clear and concise what this site is about. I'm leaning towards making Salsa Pie a definition (hopefully catchy) and a "slogan" that describes the blog in one phrase: "Have a slice of crafty fun!" is what I have that I think works.
2. A REAL schedule for the remainder of the year. Since my son's birth I have been more freestyle and it's now time to get back to schedule. Some of you may remember when I had one!
3. Better quality projects. When I plan them out, it works. I need a planning day of the week and then one to gather supplies.
4. I would also like to focus on helping some charities--use the traffic I have here for the good of my fellow man. I will start that in a post later today.
What can't happen right now (not in the budget--hello new shoes for four children! ;) :
1. A better, higher resolution camera. I shoot everything with a digital Sony Cybershot and it's really not the best quality but I am using my creativity (and photo editing skills to hopefully compensate). Maybe Nikkon will read this and ask me to review a camera for them! Ha! (Does that ever happen?)
2. Hiring a web designer. I need a new design (and I want to get it right) but I don't want to invest in that right now until I can do it exactly how I want it.
On my to do list for the kids:
1. Organize the "new" craft corner in the house for them I arranged this week, which is literally a coffee table with chairs around it and some art supplies in storage nearby. Once I have that set-up I will post about it. Everyone with kids should make an area in their house for this, I think.
2. Haircuts for the kids
3. Taking time out of each day to NOT do anything but focus on the kids and just being. That's when I feel the best about my mothering.
So, you may see the header kind of changing around for the next few days. I like to switch things around and view them for a few days before I decide on something. Thanks for being patient with my restless creativity.
What are your plans for the weekend?
p.s. Remember that the eshakti giveaway is still going on! A winner will be chosen on June 1, 2012. To enter go here.