We took the children to the D.C. (Smithsonian) Zoo this past weekend and, as always, it was a big (and fun)event. Loading 4 kids in the car is now second-nature to us, but as always it can still be a little crazy.
Thankfully, the day was BEAUTIFUL: the weather, the people, the everything. To top it off, the kids were awesome which means--no major meltdowns (hooray!)!
Last week, we Egg Hunted at our local library but missed out on the face painting afterwards because the line was way too loooooonnnnnnggg. So, I promised the kids my own version of face painting (with my make-up kit--blush, eye-liner, etc) once we got home. That was a hit!
Just for fun:
5. Things that are EASY to do with 4 small children:
1. have an instant dance party
2. make noise
3. robot dance to any music and have an audience that likes it
4. wake up EARLY
5. make every marshmallow in the Lucky Charms box disappear
5 Things that are NOT easy to do with 4 small children:
2. travel places spontaneously and to pack lightly
3. talk on the phone
4. put fancy breakable things on the coffee table
5. eat at a fancy restaurant
But most of the things on the "Not Easy" list are completely overrated, I've decided. ;)
Just some simple things this week ...but they always remind me that life is good.