Oct 4, 2011

Spooky Spider Hands!


It's that SPOOKY time of the year for a fun Halloween craft with the kids!
Over the weekend we made Spooky Spider Hands and hung them around the house. 

Want to make some with your kiddos too? 
Here's How:


Step 1
Open up and lay out paper bags and fill shallow containers with kid-friendly black paint. Have the children dip their hands in the black paint and make handprints on the paper bags. Remember--the messier and drippier the SPOOKIER and the BETTER! Let the kids really get into it!
Step 2
Allow the hands to dry. 
Step 3
Cut out the hands along the fingers and glue two handprints together (or use each hand as a single spider) then glue on google eyes (and mouths and noses if you wish)
*optional step: paint backs of handprints black once you cut them out
Step 4
Punch holes in the tops of the hands once the glue has dried and tie string so you can hang your spider friends around the house for some SPOOKtacular fun! 

Happy Handprint Making! 
Pin It!

7 comments:

karen said...

Love this! I'm going to send some to my grandkids and maybe they'll have fun making lots more of them. I can send them some googly eyes too.

Rebecca said...

I think I know what art activity the kids will do for their Halloween parties this year! Thanks!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

This is a great idea. I'm definitely doing this one with the kids.

Sue said...

Where do you come up with these ideas, Caroline? What fun!

=D

Caroline said...

Karen--I made some of my own hands because it just looked so fun. The girls made what they called "HUGE" spiders out of my prints! I think your grands will love doing this too!

Rebecca--TOTALLY a fun party idea!!

SMT--as you know some craft projects turn out not quite as we expect, but I have to say--this one was a definite winner.

Sue--I have seen these handprint spiders around (pinterest/ school projects etc) for awhile now and LOVE the idea! But to answer your question, most of our crazy plans come from trial and error--or the kids' suggestions! They are the most creative ones!

Diana Mieczan said...

This is soooo cute! You always have such a great craft ideas:) Love! Muah

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

LOVE these Spooky Spider Hands!! So cute - can't wait to show my daughter-in-law! She is very creative and will love this I think! :-)