Mar 2, 2010

Retro Chocolate Crock Pot Cake



\




Retro Chocolate Crock Pot Cake

Ingredients:

1 Package Chocolate Cake mix
1 Package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 Cup chocolate morsels (semisweet)
1 8 ounce container of sour cream
3/4 Cup vegetable oil (I used Canola)
1 cup water
4 eggs

Directions: 

Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray (I used Canola Oil spray).
Mix cake mix, sour cream, chocolate morsels, water, egss, oil
and pudding mix in a bowl by hand. 
Be sure to mix well, but no need to use electric beater.
Pour into Crock Pot.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. I recommend cooking on the low setting if time permits. 
Scoop it out of the pot then top with ice cream or whipped topping (we used whipped topping then added a couple of drops of red food coloring to make Pink whipped topping!)
Pin It!

9 comments:

That Fresh Feeling said...

Yum...thanks for sharing. love the pink icing!

Cindy said...

this looks yummy, I am going to love your blog, I'm new to SITS and blogging in general but I live and breath creative projects.

Ellen said...

I have never heard of a Crock Pot Cake! It looks yummy...and the topping looks so delicious....

Sue said...

Wow. And easy, too! I'm all over it.

=)

Rebecca said...

This sounds divine and delicious!! Gonna try this one!

Wendy said...

That is wild - I have never heard of that either - we will have to try that!!

Joanne said...

Oh my goodness! This looks AMAZING!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

YUM!!!!! I just might need to make this for our small group meeting next weekend...Anything in the crockpot, especially chocolate, is FANTASTIC with me...:)

Lanie said...

I featured this in my Friday Favorites. Come by and get an "I was featured" button! ~Lanie J.